Friday, December 24, 2004

Merry Xmas

Earlier today I was too lazy to shower and too tired to cook, so I fixed me a grilled cheese sandwich, digged out of my (dirty) laundry bag a pair of jeans, t-shirt, underwear, socks, putted on a clean sweater, my ski jacket and hit the mall. South Park Mall, perhaps the fanciest one in the Queen City.

There was people all over the place, bags in hand, stores packed and turned into a complete mess. One of the guys in Banana Republic after seeing a pile of sweaters just gave up and threw the one he was carrying on top: "hell with the order, it's Christmas!" he said.

Even though prices were still sky high, I had the opportunity to see some items that I'm sure are gOiNg dOwN! in few days; items that this red-haired Latino is going to purchase at half their original price at least!

I've been very cool about the whole shopping thing this weeks, as a matter of fact, other than groceries I haven't bought anything yet. Every year I say that I'll do the shopping when prices come down, but I can never do that. This holiday season however, has been different: I've been strong, walking down the aisles of the shopping malls with that driven look in my eyes that only the lack of cash in my pockets and bank account could give me.

This driven honey/brown eyes have seen plenty though, and it is time to move from planning to acting, from watching to attacking, from seeing other people with bags in their hands to see me with those very same bags hanging from my hands, from seeing full prices to seeing discounts -lots of'em-, from saving to spending!

So, once all those people have depleted their own checking and saving accounts and are able to afford only ice cream or Starbucks cups of coffee while looking at the store's showcases with that longines in their eyes, Jean-Francois, me, this red-haired super cool guy will be prowling, spending, shopping and laughing up and down the malls!

He'll be seeing with that sinister and fearsome guffaw that only predators, after a long wait among the bushes, have; after salivating for hours their victim's innocent movements from the safety of their hide out, have on their faces; after carefully planning and dreaming of the moment their teeth will cut through their pray's skin and the warm blood will pour out as sign of victory.

Then, and only then, all the other animals, holding ice cream and Starbuck's cups of coffe in their hands, will suddenly turn around in fear and atonishment to watch the top predator with fire in his eyes tell each one of'em without words: you'll be next! His appetite growing, as he sees his own reflection on his pray's eyes. . . Growing appetite, as he sees that his pray is still breathing. . .

hahaha!, hahaha!, HAHAHA!, BUA!-HA!-HA!-HA ! ! ! !




Merry Christmas ya'll!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home