Thursday, November 11, 2004

Times Has Come

I spoke to my mechanic this afternoon and it seems that I'll have to be getting a new car soon. I drive a Honda Accord '88 that has been a great car; my sister drove it before I did for almost three years and now I've had it for a year and a half. The car runs great, doesn't ask for much and as compare to the Eclipse that I had before it has given me no headaches whatsoever.

Few days ago I saw some spots in my parking space and as the car has a little oil lick, I just thought that was part of the same thing getting a little bit worst. The power steering however was giving me kind of funky signals every now and then; sometimes hard but others smooth, until last weekend. Saturday night I tried to park it on my way to the disco, and thanks God that I workout, otherwise I could've not parked that baby. The steering wheel was so hard (and I should point out to the ladys that read these lines, that it was pehaps harder that my dick when it gets hard, so that shit was hard indeed!), I could hardly move it (the steering wheel) giving me a fricking hard time.

One hundred and eighty-nine thousand miles, plus 16 years on the road is a clear sign that the car is approaching the end of its life cycle. The engine runs great and everything is in a pretty good shape, but due to the "fatigue of the materials", little by little things are gona go bad and that means money coming out of my shallow pocket. The part that has to be replaced this time costs $240 brand new plus labor; if we get it from a junk yard it may be around $150 plus labor which is not a pretty picture at all.

My mechanic told me to give him a call next week that he's gona look around to see what he finds. I told him that I don't have any money now for another car, but he told me not to worry about "pay me whenever you can". Isn't that cool or what? He's gona be looking for a Honda/Toyota of about $2,000 in a decent condition and as I made clear to him "a car that needs to be washed and fueled but nothing else!". He just laughed.

Let's see what the wind brings to this red-hair-Latino on this side of town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home