Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Not a Good Idea Either

This is really not a good idea at all. I live in a 1-bedroom condo with no furniture at all other than a little dining table with two chairs, my bed and a desk. Is very small and I live happy by myself -needless to say I DO enjoy the occasional visit of some of those trashy girls that I pick up in the local clubs. But this condo is made for one person or perhaps a couple, but that's about it. When my mom came to visit me, there was no fucking room to do anything, if I play music then she couldn't read, or if she was watching TV then it was heard all over the condo. When we cooked it smelled food all over; well, you got the idea: this is a very small condo indeed.

My younger sister's boyfriend is planning to come to the US for 4-5 months to study English and my family had the GREAT idea of suggesting that he can stay with me, so that he can save money in accommodation. Now, that is a very bad idea in the history of bad ideas. For starters he will have to get a bed and put it in the living room/dining room/TV room; privacy will be reduced to zero as the space is so small that we'll be seeing each other's face all day and night. On the other hand he will be brand new to this city so I'll have to show him around, drive him, take him for a ride, explain him, help him get a cell phone, go with him to do grocery shopping, pick him up sometimes, introduce him to all the people I know, include him in all the plans that I do, etc. Besides me he doesn't know anybody else, and just to say bye bye in the morning or just say on a Saturday night "later dude, I'm going party" would be kind of odd. If I was in his shoes I would expect that whoever is going to receive me will also take care of me; I'll be doing my own shit of course, but we both will have to be very close during that time. Now, how about going party and getting a girl to come to the apartment with someone sleeping right there, even if she doesn't care, how about the noise and shit?

When they first told me I said "yeah, not a problem", but then I gave it a second thought and I realize that it was a very bad fucking idea. And in the other hand I don't know if I'm going to stay in the US after next spring, plus I'm looking for a job and to add a person that I have to take care of... Hell, a bad, bad idea indeed. I wrote an e-mail yesterday telling them all this and also said that I don't want them to judge me or say that I'm selfish, but to think about it and to try to picture the conditions in which we'll be living.

Knowing my family as I do, I know they'll try to sweep all my arguments under the carpet and will push ahead with their plans. But this time I'm not going to bow to them like I did on those 3-week visit of my mom that almost drove me fucking nuts. We'll see; sometimes you have to put your self before others, and sometimes the other way around. What would be this time?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home