Saturday, November 13, 2004

Mr. Coffee

I work in a coffee shop on Saturday afternoons -smooth jazz playing on the radio-, and today for the first time in the almost 2 years that I've been there I tried all the different varieties of coffee that we brew. Kind of odd, don't you think so? People always ask me what coffee is better than the other, and dude, it just depends on what frigging coffee you like. I'm not into flavor coffee or decaf, I always drink the house blend with a little bit of whole milk -not half and half.

So to the question of what coffee should they drink, I always tell them about the amount of caffeine, how dark/mild/light that dark liquid is and shit; and of course I always recommend our 'aWeSoMe' house blend (but let's face it, coffee is an acquired test, and after putting a couple bags of sugar and half and half in it, any coffee will test pretty much the same). But if they look kind of new to the whole 'coffee shop' experience, I always tell'em to go for a latte, or cappucino, or perhaps a mocha, or how about trying our frappes? Not that I really enjoy the extra work, but once I crank that blender full speed one thing is for sure, I'm fucking getting a tip dude!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home