Sunday, November 07, 2004

Match.com (2)

I just came back from my first -ever- encounter "face to face, kiss to kiss" with one of the fellow members of Match.com. We went to one of the local Starbucks to get our doses of caffeine; she ordered a grande latte while I sipped a good old medium size daily grind with room for cream, please.
I saw her right at the entrance while I was parking, so she had the opportunity to see the run-down car that I drive even before she saw my butt; would have been nice to be the other way around. We got our coffee and went to sit outside, as the weather today was just perfect, sunny, cool, clear and with those yellow/orange/red leafs falling from the trees.

We both were all smiles at the beginning, during our conversation and at the end, not that we had a blast together, but I believe was more that we both were kind of nervous. I read somewhere that when you're nervous your animal stinct makes you smile, so that you show your teeth as a way to fence that very same nervousness. Maybe you don't know what to expect at that moment, so you better have your teeth handy in case you have to bite someone. Hell I don't know, I ain't fricking scientist, I'm just guessing. The conversation pretty much went in circles around our past. I told her about my trips overseas, the time when I've lived in Asia, the travels that I've made; I also told her about my time as an exchange student in the US when I was 17 years old. She also told me a bit about her job, when she had lived in the US babysitting when she was 19; her time in Philly and also told me that she was going to Germany for Xmas but was coming back for new year's. We also talked a bit about the usual stuff that you bring up when there's nothing else to say, like the gym, running, the nights out, Halloween, etc.

I did definitely most of the talking; even at the very beginning when we were standing in line she was kind of quiet. Then, when we went out and sit, there was these periods of time when a silence came down to the conversation and I had to fill it with whatever shit came to my head (gym, siblings, etc.). I told her a lot about my adventures, but not that much about myself. She didn't quite took the initiative to say something or to come up with a story or thought, or didn't ask many questions about my stories, more like "alright, cool".

Physically I find her very much like in the pictures she posted; well, er, of course, that's the whole idea, you take a picture of yourself and it looks pretty much like you, no? She's blonde, have a big smile and very white teeth (as oppose to my yellow ones), wasn't wearing make up at all but I could tell that she took the time to get dress and brush her hair to look nice. She's tall; was wearing flat shoes and was maybe about my same height. Her body type is normal, I can tell she doesn't throw up after eating a piece of cheese cake, but I also can tell that she either exercise or doesn't eat that many cheese cakes (actually she does eat a lot of chocolate but runs almost every single day). Her bobs are alright and her butt is ok, and overall I would say that she's easy to the eyes -as oppose to me: pretty rough to the naked eye but with the right pair of beer goggles I ain't that bad after all.

We sat for about an hour and when I finished my coffee I pretty much called it quits. She wasn't talking very much and at that time I was kind of pushing the envelope with the topics we were discussing so I just preferred to say "well, it has been really nice meeting you and blah, blah, blah, and bye, bye". She very much agreed and we say we will keep in touch; didn't make any plans whatsoever and you know what, now that I think about it, I didn't ask her for her phone number. Shit! Well, what the hell, I'll e-mail her later this week and will ask for it. The next "date" could be a ping-pong game or perhaps a movie. I just think that we both were kind of exited and at the same time nervous with this whole internet dating thing. Maybe next time we will loosen up a little bit, we can relax our shoulders and then begin to have a nice exchange. First times are always difficult, no doubt about it. I believe it is harder to finish something than to start it, but sometimes both things are kind of difficult.

She wrote in her profile that she loves chocolate; actually she wrote it like three times, so being the nice guy that I am, I got her a "kit kat". Wasn't that sweet or what motherfuckers? Yes it was indeed. She just said "Thanks" and saved it for later. She'll eat it thinking about me and how cool a guy I am, longing for my hand to touch her, my fingers to roll down her skin, my lips to lock with hers, my, er, uh, whatever. Maybe she'll feed it to the swangs in her apartment complex.

I believe I'll be calling her again, and for sure we will meet to do a couple things together. As far as romance and that crap, I really don't think things are going to get that far. I really saw a big fucking wall between us and to tear that shit down I'll have to begin at home -meaning getting rid of my own inner walls. Even though is too early to say shit, the truth is that there has to be either connection or butterflies in the stomach in order to be willing to move forward.

This evening I only saw a nice/shy girl and an over size mosquito flying around that I was about to smash against the wall, and yell at him "Fuck you! You piece of shit!"; but trying to proyect the idea of being a gentleman I restraint my self from doing it. I am cool or what?

At he end she offer me her hand but I gave her a little hug, you know, I'm a Latino and we kind of have a warm heart after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home