Sunday, November 14, 2004

Last Night's Drinks

Last night I went to downtown to get some drinks with a friend of mine and I woke up today with two thoughts revolving around my head. We had a nice conversation about a little bit of everything, including our live here in the US as "Strangers in a Strange Land": what has happened to us during this time and of course what the future holds for us. Wasn't really a deep conversation with an analysis of all the rights and wrongs, goods and bads or anything like that; was more a chat between two friends in a bar that was packed and with the music as loud as it could -and with a couple of drinks in our head.

One of the things that is in my head is about the future and wether I'm going to stay here in the US or I'm going back to my country. We also spoke about relationships and what would the next months will bring: she said that for her things are not going to change and that he past is a mirror of what the future will bring. I completely disagree with her and told her that life is dynamic, things are always changing and will keep changing as we mature, meet new people and assume new responsabilities. Our plans and goals change over time and we have to adapt to them accordingly; I never thought I'll end up doing what I've done the last couple years and even thinking on doing what we discuss last night (I'll say more about this sometime later on). This is a moment of big decisions in my life that will change the next 3-5 years of my life, and I don't quite know what to do.

That was one of the things we discussed last night and that has been revolving in my head all morning today. Fucking serious stuff.

Now, the other thing that has been in my head is the fact, the fucking fact that I am a dwarf in a land of giants. I am 5'6 (170m) and last night in the bar everybody, EVERYBODY but my friend was taller than me. All the girls, guys and in between that I saw were taller than me. I know some girls were wearing high hills, but others were just so fucking tall that I felt lost while walking my way through the crowd to get my dosis of alcohol. Back in my country I always thought that I was "average", until I landed here. Now I know that I'm just a flea in this world of dogs!

Hey, but you know what? I have a big heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home