Sunday, November 07, 2004

Judging a Book by its Cover

You should not judge a book by its cover, goes the old saying. It is obviously true, but don't you think that the cover nay say something about what is inside it? This week I ran into two situations that made me think of that old saying.

I went to the library to pick up a book to read, and while I was looking for "1984", I stumble into a purple book with the image of a girl that caught my attention. I picked up the book and in the cover there was the same picture but bigger: a 19 year old girl maybe, with long blonde hair, red lips and white teeth and with her mouth in a very provocative yet sexy and innocent way that made think all kind of crazy things. The picture doesn't show her eyes, so the rest of the face has to be build according to your own likes. It seems like if she is jumping out of a cab, with thin arms and a top that may be worth $350. Inside the book reveals a story of young, rich and beautiful girls living in Manhattan and they daily dramas and challenges. With big letters and easy reading, you don't have to think twice before picking it up. I've been reading it and I've really enjoy it. Daily life situations that are easy to identify with and a very well written novel.
This is a book that I judge only by its cover and end up being a very good one; so, should or shouldn't you judge a book by its cover...

Last night I did judge a girl by its cover and I don't know if I got it right. I saw a friend of mine who came to town, our plans were to go and have dinner and then go to one of the clubs in downtown that play Latin music. I didn't know but she came alone with her roommate... A Barbie Doll. She was from Germany and had been in the US for barely a month. A petite, thin, blonde, beautiful blue eyes, perfect face and soft skin girl that made all the hormones in my body go crazy. But not the way a hot young girl usually makes me feel (basically I get a hard one); this girl seem to be so sweet, with an innocent look and very sweet manners. She was very young and definitely has to mature a bit more, but what a doll. My friend told me that she had a boyfriend and I imagined her, having a long time relationship back home; you know, young, innocent and sweet.
Late in the night I learn that you should not judge a book by its cover. She came from Germany a month ago, arriving in the middle of a week. Friday she met this guy that works with her and Sunday they are waking up together. Too much for an innocent look in her face and that long term relationship that she had back home -in my mind at least. Her boyfriend took off for New Orleans this weekend and didn't even invite her, so she got pist and told my friend that she wanted to come alone. Should have known this, I would have been more aggressive last night, instead of being a sweet guy for a sweet little girl. As you all know, the easiest girls are those with a fresh broken heart.

I've grown to learn that I do have a defect after all, being that I tend to see or wish to see only the good side of people. When it comes to girls, I often see that they are more the sweet type or have stable relationships and that kind of crap if you know what I'm saying. How about if I just change that and see girls more like men act, looking to have one love in each port. Looking back to my relationships, and I may talk more about this later, girls are as outgoing as men are when it comes to casual sex and adventures. I'm going to try to be more aggressive in my next moves in town and then I'll see what happen.

In the same week I have two books and I judge them both by its cover: I was right in one (the one I pick from the library), but not that quite when it came to last night's. But I learnt a lesson, when judging a book by its cover, let's go by the wild side first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home