Friday, September 10, 2004

Chronology

By reading William's blogg earlier today (he's planning to write his biography), I started thinking about my life and what has happened in it. What has been the ups and downs; the happiest single moment and the best period of my life; also the hardest and the saddest -single moment and period of time-; and now that I think about it, how about that girl that I've loved the most, who has been my dearest friend; also the number one ass hole that came across my path; the craziest thing I've ever done. If I dig deep into my past, what is the first memory that I have of my life, the first memory ever made?

Damn that's a lot of thinking ahead!

For the time being and just for the record I'm just going to do a very quick and very vague chronology of my life. Believe it or not I've traveled a lot in my life and I can affirm that I've crossed the world. One day I left home facing westwards, and 18 months later I came back from the east. The story of those 18 months is without any doubt the most interesting part of my life; those months are like Walmart: you could find anything! I refer to the time when I live in China (yes, China the country in Asia... long story and many stories). OK, I'm just going to cut through all this red tape and just going to write down the chronology, the details will come later.

1973: I was born.
1974-75/76: don't remember shit. I'll have to try harder, maybe something will pop up.
1977-1978: I remember being in kindergarten and being a complete "Tasmanian Monster" according to what my parents remember. I got kicked out of school because I was a ruthless little devil in the skin of a red-haired angel.
1979: I entered first grade and even remember my first day. All confuse, surrounded by children crying and pissing themselves and as I went to a private catholic school my teacher was a nun. From here on my memories are clear, specially at school, kind of blurred if I think of home.
1979-1983: Elementary school. I remember pretty much everything: from starring at some of the nuns underwear to the friends that I had.
1983-1987: Middle school. My levels of testosterone were ski high, I do remember that. Very clear memories. Fucking lot of troubles specially with my parents.
1987-1990: High School until the end of my junior year. That summer all my family left for the Caribbean and left me home alone because I failed a class (actually failed trig and philosophy and had to take two summer school classes). August 1990-July 1991: I was exchange student in Kentucky (I was born and grew up in South America). The LONGEST year of my life. I wrote a blog not long ago about, scroll down and you'll find it.
August 1991-July 1992: My senior year.
Summer 1992-summer 1993: I went to the army in my country -it's mandatory. Fucking long year carrying an m-16 on my back and having to obey orders ranging from when to go to the bathroom to how to kill someone with your hands (and knife, a rock, a machine gun, etc.)
August 1993-June 1997: University. Down in South America I enrolled in a 5-year double degree: Finance and political science. June 1997 is the end of my 4th year.
July 1997 - January 1999: I lived in China. Tons of stories, I'll write more about it later.
January 1999 - December 2000: finished school. A hell of a lot of problems I had when I went back to South America... fucking tough times.
2000 - June 2001: worked, partied, smoked weed and worked some more.
June 2001 - today: Life in the US. Got a Master's Degree in Business Administration, worked doing all kind of things (server, waiter, painting houses, flipping burgers, barista, translator, mowing the land, cater, etc.)

TODAY: blogging and looking for a job!

Shit I'm exhausted! more to come soon, hopefully not as boring as what I just wrote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home