Sunday, August 08, 2004

Sunday's Phone Call

It's already 9PM and Sunday its gone. Didn't do shit today. Went to the sun tan saloon twice to find out that they're close for reparations (the second time of course); went to Barnes&Nobles to read (I always read all the magazines but only buy coffee) and end up buying a magazine called "The Writer" full of silly stuff for those who want to write (of course, could you imagine a magazine call "the writer", for those who enjoy fishing, Nascar and Hooters?!). In the afternoon I went running and then I took a nap.

And I have confess it ladies and gentleman of the jury, I've been siting in front of my laptop for the last hour or so browsing Blogs. I know, in the eyes of many, those who care more about other people's lives that their own, this could be considered as a "waste of time"; but how can I kill time when I don't want to do the things that I have to do? How aboutchecking out other people's creative way of wasting time? Isn't that creative in itself?

The truth is that today -yes, today and not tomorrow or the day after tomorrow- I have to make a phone call and offer my condolences to some relatives. My grandfather's brother passed away one week ago and I've been postponing this call everyday, up till now. That's why I've been wondering around town and around the web today trying to find a excuse or tryind hard to forget it because I don't want to do it.

Life is made of small details, and my phone call is one of those.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Francois kindly said...

I called'em, but as it was an international call and the conection was so bad I couldn't talk to them. Sunday evening I guess everybody is calling their loved ones. I also want to point out that I called twice. Then, tomorrow will be the day.

Sun Aug 08, 09:56:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jean-Francois kindly said...

I phone and spoke to his widow. She was so happy to hear me and so surprise at the same time, it has been so many years since the last time I saw them, too many I should say. I feel better now, shouldn't have worried so much about it.

Mon Aug 09, 06:52:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home