Monday, August 09, 2004

Pearls from my Boss

As I wrote before, I get from the dining room where I work for my daily dosis of laughs and frustrations. Today my manager came with the story of his minister or his minister's brother or someone related to his minister who just came back from China. He spent a week over there and of course came full of stories or should I say full of crap?

I have to point out that I lived in China for almost 2 years, worked with Chinese people, party with them and had my share of Chinese girls. I also traveled extensively around the country, and I know very well what's going on there.

Anyway, my boss mention a couple of pearls that just made me kind of angry. When I hear someone saying stupid things I just blow. First he said that what strike this person the most was to notice that Chinese people are not as happy as Americans, that they were always happy and smiling, saying hi to everybody and people weren't just like them. Explanation: You were on vacations mother fucker! you were been taken care of, showing around time, you were taken pictures and so on, while most of the people there just were about their regular lives. If you take one of those Chinese and take it to US -even to the Bible belt- they'll be smiling all the time (not just at all those overweight people on the street-, but because they traveling, knowing people and been taking care of. Duuuuuuuh!
Pearl number 2: there are no automatic cars in China, could you believe that? Well, only in "Lazy-Land", America, all the cars are automatic, in the rest of the world you find'em stick shift. Most of Europe, South America and Asia; and I bet Africa too. The logic of my boss is that roads there are not any good so some times you'll need extra power so there you go... no comments on that.
Pearl number 3: when they received their laundry back, it had attached a small white cloth string, and believe me I'm not making this up, they thought it was some kind of ID for the white Americans! I explain him that they may have a lot of cloths to wash so that to make sure they don't get it confuse they attach that... It doesn't take a genius to figure that out, does it?

And then he went on and on talking but at that time I realized that it was just a waste of time to try to explain them that not the whole world acts, looks and thinks like America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home