Friday, August 13, 2004

Eenie-Meenie-Minie-Mo

Have you ever heard the rhyme

Eenie-Meenie-Minie-Mo,
Catch a tiger by his toe,
If he hollers make him pay,
fifty dollars every day.
My mommy told me to
pick the very best one
and you are it.

I am 31 years old and today for the first time today one of my co-workers told me that this was originally racist, could you believe that bullshit? Instead of tiger you'll use nigger. Fucking sick people! I believe it should've come from the South -where I live now- due to all the plantations and slavery back in the days. Now, I don't know if people are going to get offended if I use it.

I swear one of this days I'm going to be at the grocery store asking "could you please point me where can I find some papayas?", and someone will lawsuit me based on some kind of discrimination.

I tell you what we should discriminate in this country, fucking stupid people. How about those two ladies who lawsuit a Southwest flight attendant because she said "Eenie-Meenie-Minie-Mo... pick a seat, we gotta go."

Un-fucking-believable!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous kindly said...

Hello Jose, What's with the name change? William (CPCC)

Sat Aug 14, 04:05:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous kindly said...

I've been checking your page every once in a while, I just got back from Minneapolis, I had a great time at a writing program there. Someone else gave me a blog address, would you believe? What is it with you bloggers? We had a good class, I'm learning how to write, but I really think you've got to have a station in life or something, some sort of real role and purpose, to write something good. I'm not sure about that, it's just a theory. Harry/William (CPCC)

Sat Aug 14, 04:14:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jean-Francois kindly said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sun Aug 15, 09:57:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Jean-Francois kindly said...

Hey William. Well, about the name change... I don't know, there's too many "Jose" around (according to the Social Security JOSE is the most popular name in Texas and New Mexico, and it ranks second in California. Before it was "Mike/Michael"). And "Jean" is Jose in french, and my grandfather was french so I added "Francois", like Jose-France. As I say, I don't know, I may change it again. You know, when you have a lot of free time in your hands...
Hey you should get your own blogspot, you'll find it's really cool. I may take another class of Creative Writing or something related to it this fall to keep improving my writings and to find a north on what I write. This is a long road and I'm just at the threshold... Cheers dude! Thanx for stoping by.

Sun Aug 15, 10:09:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home