Sunday, August 01, 2004

E-mail to my ex-girlfriend

Note: I had a girlfriend once. Pretty nice, pretty cool and pretty. We were together for a year but our roads went separate ways; we tried to hold on to it but when you are in your early twenties you just can't be miles apart. It's been several years since the last time we saw each other. We barely write to each other -maybe for christmas. My birthday was july 30th and for my surprise she sent me a little e-card, really caught me off guard. That was a very sweet thing.

Below is the e-mail I wrote to her the next morning. I liked it and I think it has a lot sentiment in it. I just tell her very briefly about my life up to this point, very simple. I wanted to tell her more, perhaps that I miss her; that sometimes I think about her and her whereabouts. I attached a very cute picture when I was a little boy, maybe 6 years old. Anyway, here is the e-mail. What do you think?

Hi R,

Thanks for your e-card, it was very sweet of you writing for my birthday. Yeah, one more year or should I say one less...

How's life treating you these days? As for me I can't complain. I'm still living in the US in the same city -Charlotte in North Carolina. I've just finished school and graduation is due next weekend (Aug. 7th), I did a master's degree in business administration or MBA. My plans are to stay here in the US if possible, so as you may imagine I'm looking for a job. Don't you just love that? Printing out Resumes, calling people, sending e-mails, faxes, letters, etc. and then just wait for somebody to reply at some point. In the interviews that I've had, people always ask me about China: How did you get over there? How was it? And when I try to explain to these "ethnocentric" americans that it was one of the best parts of my life from which I keep great memories they look at me like "Dude, you're twisted!"

Early this year I went snow skiing in the North Carolina mountains and now I love it! I can't believe I didn't try it before. Up to that point I always thought tennis was the ultimate sport, but now, tennis sucks! Even though at the begining of the day I didn't know anything about it, by late afternoon I can say that I was an expert; going down as fast as I could and even trying to jump -that last part didn't work very well though. This year when I come back I'm going to try snowboard. For the rest my life here in the US is pretty "normal". Hanging out with friends, going out to the local bars and "discos" but not that often and believe it or not I've practicing sports a lot lately; I even join a gym and as a matter of fact I enjoy it, can you believe it? I know back in the "Beijing days" when we met, the only sport I practiced was ridding my bike to Sanlitun to have some beers or to the internet cafe. I like to think that time makes you change for the better.

Even though Charlotte is a nice city, quiet and clean I would love to move to a larger city, well, a real city as a consider Charlotte a big town. I like when there's a lot of things going on, people on the streets, subway, traffic, rush. Here I don't have to honk to someone cutting in front of me, but I honk everyday to those driving sooooooooooooooooo slow like if they were driving a tourist bus. I would like to go to NY or Boston, perhaps SanFrancisco or LA. However for the time being I believe if I stay in the US I'll be in Charlotte for a while. That's a quick up date of my life, just have to add that I'm still single and don't see any wedding plans on the horizon.

I just realize this message is getting a bit loooong. Well R, I just want to thank you again for your message it was very sweet of you. I'll be thrilled to hear about you and your whereabouts, throw me few lines whenever you get a chance.

bisous,

JOSE

PS. Just to make sure that you know that I haven't change a bit since the last time we saw each other, I'm attaching a picture that -believe it or not- wasn't taken that long ago...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home