Saturday, July 03, 2004

More tan a Corrupted File (2)

The plan worked very well; I spoke to my roommate that day and what I decided to do is to invite him to go and play tennis. We did (at around 9PM) and we played for about an hour or so. I Kicked his ass in a way few times seen before. We actuallt never play a whole set or a game, but we just hit the ball. At the end we always know who "won", no need to say anything, or to explain enything or to argue. The silence between we two is enough to say who kicked who's ass.
The next day I called him and left a message about my laptop. Later that day I called him again and he told me to come over so that he could take a look at it. I was watching a movie and was kind of lazy so I said "I'll go tomorrow". This morning then I showed up at his place and the usual, we chat for a little while, his girlfriend was very nice to me and those fucking dogs were just barcking at me like hell, little devils.
Up till that point everything was fine. But when he started looking at the laptop things started to get souar -at least for me. To summarize 90 minutes of work in one sentence, I should say that: I need a new hard drive. Fucking piece of shit that damn computer that I have. I thought was a software problem, as if you have ever run into Windows you know that one thing is sure about it, that bullshit sooner or later will let you down. But he said that it was not a software problem but a hardware one. To make a long story short because I have to go to work right now, I lost everything I had in my hard drive (the topic of another story) and I have to buy a new fucking hard drive and install all the programs and all the bullshit that I had before it all went south.
My original plan worked out very well: I had a good time playing tennis; went to his place and he didn't felt use; etc. But the part of my plan that I didn't think about was the actual problem with the damn laptop! Ups, a little miscalculation.
But Hey! don't blame it on my. At least this miscalculation hasn't cost any human lifes like the miscalculations of George W. Bush before, during and after 9/11.
Got to go. More to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home