Thursday, July 01, 2004

A corrupted File (1)

My laptop kind of die this morning... that piece of shit. It appears in the screen that some file necessary to strat up the whole system is either missing (it was there yesterday!) or is corrupted (the so called 'fatigue of the materials'). Don't ask me why but one thing that I have is common sense, and I just don't understand how come, if a simple file has been working fine for the last couple of months one day is going to wake up 'fatigue'.
I don't worry about my computer's health because I have one of the best doctors in town: my ex-roommate. This guy works for a VERY big software company and he knows everything a human being should know about both hardware and software, I'm sure it will take him just 5 minutes to put back on its feet again. The thing is that ever since i moved out of his house and into my new apartment, I haven't called him, reply his e-mails or stoped by and say hi. The only one time that I saw him was because I needed a favor related to my computer. So if I show up in his place with my laptop under my arm asking for his help, I'm sure he's going to feel that I show up whenever I need a favor (the whole and dirty truth).
The plan that I have in mind, becasue yes, I have a plan to fix my computer with his help but without making him feeling use is... And before I go ahead, let me just say that as I have just finished my MBA and I'm suppose to be or to act as someone with a master's degree, I've decided that I'll apply my master's degree to everyday situations -at the least for the time being and while I wait tables before my real job. So my plan is that today I'll show up at his place with a couple of Redhook, chat with him for a while, talk about this and that and just spend a nice evening -yes, I know I'll have to put up with his girlfriend who's not the friendliest person on this planet and her two dogs that plainly speaking fucking hate me and bark non-stop everytime they see my nice figure. Then tomorrow, I'll call him and say "Hey Dude, my computer broke down! Give a hand" and everybody will be happy. Am I smart or what?

That's Plan A. Now Plan B is pretty much like Plan A but a couple of days late. Hey sometimes simple situations need simple answers. Oh! by the way, I have to give him the check for the rent this weekened (I live in his girlfiend's apartment) so today beside the Redhook I'll take the ckeck with me. And I could also wish'em a "Happy Fourth of July!"

Sometimes I surprise my self! Not because of this well conceived plan, but because of all the bullshit I can come up for such a simple fucking problem like a corrupt file in my computer. C'yall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home