Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Wine and Pregnancy

I have a part-time job with a catering company and I just came back from a 6-hour party and I'm in pieces. Anyhow, I was working at the bar (bartending) and this girl came to me and asked for a glass of white wine, a very small glass of white wine. When I first saw her I thought she was pregnant, but when she asked me for the wine I kind of doubt it. You know, there is so many overweight people here in America that sometimes you kind of don't know what is going on. As my job as bartender is to serve drinks, treat people right and give'em whatever the heck they want, I poured her a very-VERY small glass of wine thinking that she was pregnant. When she saw it she went like "com'on, I said small but not that small" and then she went like "sooner or later he'll learn to drink so what the heck" and looked at her belly.

Man, I almost throw up. Don't you fuc**ng know that drinking while fuc**ng pregnant increases the risks of birth defect? Fu**! Is your baby what we are talking about, just the mere risk or the mere possibility of having birth defects should keep woman with more than 2 brain cells far from any alcoholic beverage.

This caught my attention because is the second time that I see it. Few months ago in another party, I saw another woman with a BIG belly and a glass of wine in her hand. That was the first time that I saw it LIVE and was an inch close to approach her and just read out loud the back of the bottle of wine where the warning is. WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? I bet that being with an extra 10 or 15 pounds for 9 months and not being able to drink, smoke and get laid might get in some people's nerves, but we're talking about a baby that is just developing...

Now that I think about it, just one thing comes to my mind: Thanx God you made me man!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous kindly said...

You are ridiculus. Do you have any idea what you are even talking about? have you ever been pregnant??? it doesnt sound like it. first of all, its not just 10-15 pounds its at least 25-lbs women put on. obviously you have no clue what it feels like to be sick all the time, to be exhausted everyday, to have your back ache so you cant bend over to have your legs cramp up, not to mention the emotional strain it puts on you. its overwhelming! and if you werent so ignorant, you could learn from any modern doctor that drinking an occasional glass of wine, im not talking about a bottle or even every day, is perfectly safe. How dare you criticize a woman who is giving up her life and her body to produce a human being when it sounds pretty obvious that you have never done so yourself. stick to what you know, ms bartender, until you become dr bartender.

Sun Apr 03, 05:02:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous kindly said...

beg my pardon, i didnt realize you were a MR> bartender. even worse! YOU REALLY have no room for an opinion now. as a man you couldnt possibly.

Sun Apr 03, 05:04:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jean-Francois kindly said...

See, this is what I meant when I said that pregnant women shouldn't drink: it causes brain damage. Ask your mom how many glasses of wine she had while you were in her belly... that should explain your previous comments.
And thanks for stopping by.

Sun May 01, 10:44:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home